Dawn Brown, a resident of Ottawa has her Masters in Education (Counselling). She is a published author and international speaker with over 25 years experience as a psychotherapist, teacher and coach specializing in relationship and life transitions. She is the recipient of the YMCA-YWCA Women of Distinction Award, Learning for Life category. Dawn’s goal is to create a personalized wedding ceremony that celebrates your love and commitment to each other. Whether conducting a civil or spiritual wedding ceremony, her warm and caring approach invites all to embrace the joy of marriage. Her gift to you is the peace of mind you need to relax and enjoy your day.
Dawn Brown was an instrumental part of our *Special Day*. Dawn was able to guide us through the ceremony with her absolute professionalism, while keeping a light-hearted calm, making sure to flow with the Fun and Laughter that was enjoyed by all. It truly was the Best Day of Our Life, and it is with heartfelt thanks to Dawn, for performing such an endearing ceremony. Thank you !
Christine and Glendon
Dawn Brown was absolutely wonderful - she had an amazing calming presence and her delivery of our ceremony was just beautiful. Dawn was attentive throughout the entire process and made sure that we were completely ready for the big day. She was so accepting and supportive of all of our ideas, and really made our ceremony come to life. Some of our guests at the wedding were commenting on how wonderful Dawn's delivery of our ceremony was, and I completely agree! My husband and I are so thankful that Dawn was able to perform our ceremony for us - it was a truly beautiful day.
Kyla & Nik
We were absolutely thrilled with our ceremony! From the weather and the gorgeous rainbow that showed up for a while, to your beautiful words and all the emotion in the ceremony - we couldn't have dreamed up a more perfect day! Thank you again Dawn(Brown), for your personal care, your kindness and your great sense of humour! It made our wedding exactly what we wanted!
Jessica and Fred
We feel so incredibly fortunate to have had Dawn Brown as our officiant. We had so much fun and are so happy to have enjoyed the ceremony so much! Your grounded, positive and enthusiastic presence was such a wonderful contribution to our special day. Our families and friends raved about how magnificent you were, long into the wedding celebration. Many of our guests told us that they wanted to thank you in person and to convey to you how moved they were by the ceremony. Words simply can't capture what a special role you played.
Lia and Steve
Dear Dawn, we can't thank you enough for the absolutely perfect and lovely ceremony. You were amazing and everyone was asking where we had found you! Thank you for working with us and helping us tweak the ceremony to make it uniquely ours. It really was a magical day, full of love, happiness and amazing family and friends. The ceremony you performed was the perfect start to our new life together. Thank you Dawn Brown.
Nicole and Rob
Dawn Brown was a breath of fresh air for my wife and I. From our first phone call to our meeting to finalize everything she kept us in check. Which is need when we had so much on our minds. I would recommend her to everyone that is thinking about getting married. Everyone was asking where we found her. Please let Dawn know how much she was appreciated and she most certainly will have some more weddings to come in our family tree!
Amanda & Emily
Dawn Brown surpassed our expectations! She was always so professional, but also warm and very reassuring. When we met her for our first meeting, we immediately felt at ease and knew that whatever the day might bring, she would help us relax and really treasure the moment, which we did. I would highly recommend her. Dawn delivered a beautiful and heartfelt service - she has such a lovely manner and eloquent voice. Everyone commented on the service and we couldn't be happier.
Catherine & Ross
Barrhaven, Nepean, Kanata, Stittsville, Carp, Ottawa west , Ottawa , Ottawa central, Orleans, Gloucester, Metcalfe, Embrun, Richmond, Kars, Blackburn Hamlet, Munster, Greely, Manotick, Kemptville, North Gower, Dunrobin, Constance Bay
What couples say about our experienced wedding officiants
- "We could not have picked a better person than Kathi Kelly to do our ceremony. She is light hearted and caring and felt like an old family friend from the first meeting. I will recommend her to anyone getting married."
Stephanie & Mike
- "Dawn Brown was a breath of fresh air for my wife and I. From our first phone call to our meeting to finalize everything she kept us in check. Which is need when we had so much on our minds. I would recommend her to everyone that is thinking about getting married. Everyone was asking where we found her. Please let Dawn know how much she was appreciated and she most certainly will have some more weddings to come in our family tree!"
Amanda & Emily
- "George Potton was amazing! We loved how patient he was with all of us as we are pretty laid back. Our guests commented on his humour.Thank you so much for being part of our day!"
Carrie & Gabe
- "Hi John,Thank you so much for being there. When we were asked about our most memorable moment throughout the day...it was when we were all standing at the wedding ceremony, waiting to be officially ‘husband and wife’.
Truly an unforgettable experience!! John Huculiak is the best! Cheers!
Andrew & Brianne
Andrew and Brianne
- "Lori Hayes was awesome to work with. She took all of our needs and suggestions into consideration and put together an amazing ceremony. We are so glad to have worked with Lori, she made our ceremony so special and she was extremely professional. I would recommend Lori and your company to anyone without question."
Meaghan & Michael
- "Andrew McGregor was great! He really made us feel comfortable during our ceremony and helped us along the way. He rolled along with any hiccups we had in our ceremony (due to other things) and was very accommodating."
Sarah & Dave
- "Beth Sirett was very friendly and easy-going while remaining professional at the same time. She explained thoroughly at the pre-ceremony meeting, and the ceremony itself was beautifully done. It was exactly what we had planned. She also sent a follow-up email explaining how to apply for our marriage certificate, and encouraged us to get in touch with her at any time if we had questions. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who wants a ceremony that is very relaxed but also very heart-warming."
Joanne & Michael
- "Brian Ballinger was fabulous and made us and all present feel very welcome and confortable! He has a great sense of humour as well. Everything from start to finish was great! EXCELLENT SERVICE WELL WORTH THE FEES INVOLVED!"
Scott & Adina
- "Anthony O'Sullivan was great in every possible way. He was very professional, extreamly attentive and helped a lot with what needed to be done, how it should be done a top of playing a role of a psychologist to all involved in the bridal party. We were very happy to work with you guys. Given the short notice everything was looked after and dealt with in the timely manner."
James & Tatiana
- "Jennifer Paul-O'Donnell was amazing. Our ceremony was brilliant and we are receiving cards and emails from all our guests raving about how perfect it was. We feel very privelaged to have been able to have such a terrific experienceespecially since it was a simple google search that brought us to Jennifer. As it turned out, Jennifer and the grooms mother had known each other for decades but had not seen each other for a few years so it made the event even more special for us to surprise the grooms mother and to give Jennifer a reunion with an old friend."
Cathy & Shea
- "The ceremony Brian performed for us was truly special. Very professional, yet touching with a strong personal aspect to it. We could'nt possibly have gotten anyone more suited to the task. Thanks so much for a memorable ceremony Brien."
Ryan and Andrea
- "Brian Ballinger was excellent, he helped provide us with exactly the ceremony we wanted. He was warm and friendly and very personable. In fact, we received many comments from our guests about how much they liked him. Thank you for everything! Because of your staff and Brian, we were able to get exactly what we wanted in a ceremony."
Nicole & Kris
- "Hello Sue Kellison, A very close friend of mine complimented on the wonderful job you did for us. Much of her compliments were of our wording, how expressive you were and how genuine the whole ceremony was. Lorie and I wrote our vows to each other. It was truly something to hear and say our vows. I remember during our meeting with you, you mentioned for us to look at each other and not you. Our emotions took over quite unexpectedly. Those tears of happiness and such deep emotion were extremely powerful. ...Thank you so very much for guiding us.We truly are grateful. It was the best day of our life.Thank You for Sharing Our Day.
Lorie and Rozanna
- "Kathi Kelly was extremely open and helpful with writing the ceremony. She showed up on time, was warm and articulate and we had many positive comments about her service. We were thrilled with her. Kathi was wonderful and we would highly recommend her to others."
Jeffrey & Whitney
- "We couldn't have chosen a better officiant. Helen Sweet was exactly what we wanted. It was a pleasure working with her and she made the stresses of the ceremony completely disappear. She was well spoken, she had a wonderful personality, and she was well-liked by everyone!"
Genevieve & Jason
Ce que les couples disent à propos de nos célébrants de mariages d'expérience.
- "Réjean Piché était absolument merveilleux. Attentionné, ouvert à nos idées, enthousiasme... absoluement parfait! Nous nous sommes mariés dans une microbrasserie et le thème de notre mariage était "La Bière"! Au lieu du rituel du mélange des sables, nous avons integré le rituel du mélange de la bière! M.Piché à adoré notre idée et lui a même mis sa propre touche! Le discours était parfait! M.Piché était très "humain" et nous a fait sentir très confortable tout au long de la cérémonie. Nous ne pouvions pas demander mieux!"
Veronik et Sebastien
- "Bonjour Diane Paquette. Juste un petit mot afin de vous remercier pour la belle cérémonie de mariage. Nous avons beaucoup apprécié le déroulement de la cérémonie malgré sa simplicité et surtout pour l'aisance avec laquelle vous pouvez guider les principaux intervenants. Nous nous sommes sentis très à l'aise malgré certain passages très touchants. Nous avons remarqué des notre première rencontre, le professionnalisme avec lequel tu exerçais tout en nous plongeant dans une atmosphère très amicale. Nous tenons encore une fois, Hélène et moi à te remercier pour cette magnifique journée qui demeurera à jamais dans nos souvenirs et nous n'hésiterons jamais à vous recommander.
Hélène et Jean
Hélène and Jean
- "Celina Mantler a très bien fait la cérémonie. Elle nous a donné pleine liberté de planifier les paroles, lectures, prières, voeux etc. que nous voulions. Elle a eu quelques difficultés avec son français, mais on a tous bien compris tout de même. Nous avons fortement apprecié la cérémonie française."
Marielle & Ronald
- "Bonjour Francine Mongeon,Un petit mot pour vous dire que nous avons beaucoup apprécié vôtre aide pour accomplir les diverses démarches qui nous ont permis de célébré notre mariage dans un délai si court.
Nous avons bien aimés votre contribution et interprétation de notre cérémonie que vous avez merveilleusement célébrée selon nos désirs et attentes.
C’est avec plaisir que nous vous recommandons à ceux qui désirent une cérémonie à la hauteur de leur attente.
Chantal et Simon
- "Salut André Fontaine,Nous sommes extrêmement satisfait de tes services du début jusqu'à la fin! Tu as été très amical, fiable, professionnel et tu nous a donné de très bons conseils (encouragements à dire nos propres voeux, utiliser la brouette pour les enfants etc...)On va certainement te recommander si on entend parler de quelqu'un qui cherche un officiant car tu as rendu notre préparation de mariage très plaisante.Merci infiniment d'avoir contribué au succès de notre grande journée!
Natasha et Alexis
- "Je recommanderai Diane Paquette n'importe quand, elle dégage une énergie tellement positive et elle nous a tellement mis à l'aise que nous n'étions aucunement stressés. La famille nous a même féliciter de notre célébrante. Pour nous, nous ne pouvions choisir meilleure célébrante. Haut la main pour Madame Diane Paquette!!!"
Chantal and Jean
- "Bonjour Réjean Piché. Nous voulons encore une fois te remercier pour la belle cérémonie que tu nous as fait vivre lors de notre mariage. Nous en garderons un souvenir pour très longtemps. Merci pour ta gentillesse, ta flexibilité et ton charisme.Au plaisir de se revoir,
Charline et Pierre
- "Chère Natasha (St-Jean),
Sylvain et moi-même voudrions te remercier du fond du cœur d’avoir fait de cette journée spéciale la plus belle journée de notre vie. Aussitôt que nous t’avons rencontré, nous savions que tu étais la célébrante pour nous et que notre mariage serait un événement mémorable entre tes mains. Dès le premier instant, tu nous as démontré que tu voulais vraiment nous donner la cérémonie de nos rêves en étant spéciale, personnelle, élégante et définitivement unique en étant dehors, l’hiver par une belle journée douce et ensoleillée! Tu nous as vraiment aidé à personnaliser notre cérémonie tout en incorporant le français et l’anglais parfaitement , ce qui était important pour nous.
Nous sommes très heureux et chanceux d’avoir trouvé une célébrante aussi gentille, souriante, professionnelle et charismatique que toi! Nous n’aurions pu choisir une meilleure célébrante que toi pour nous marier!
18 février 2012
Anne & Sylvain
- "Bonjour André Fontaine ! Words cannot express how delighted we were with the wedding ceremony. Drew would like to thank you for making the longest minutes of his life so relaxing and comforting with your soft spoken nature and calming humour before seeing me. Also being so patient with saying his vows in french.
Our family and friends all thought it was a brilliant idea of having the celtic handfasting tradition with the fabric making the knot ! Voici trois photos de la cérémonie. Merci encore d'avoir fait le service dans les deux langues. Tout le monde a apprécié ce beau geste !
Mr and Mrs Clark
- "Nous avons aimé faire affaire avec Jocelyne Daoust, et elle a très bien respecter notre plan de cérémonie et tout s'est passé a merveille! Nous avons reçu des informations rapidement par courriel au début, lorsque nous avons planifié notre mariage. Nous avons beaucoup aimé notre expérience, merci beaucoup. "
Stephanie et Benoit
- "Merci infiniment pour une si belle cérémonie! Diane, tu as su concilier notre thème et tous nos élans d'inspiration, tout en t'assurant que nos familles et nos proches se sentent inclus... autant les francophones que les anglophones! You made us laugh and you made us cry (happy tears only!).
The tone and style were perfectly adapted to our personalities and our vision of the big day. You held our hands every step of the way, and we really appreciated benefiting from your experience for great tips and ideas, based on our own style and preferences. Diane, we have already recommended you to all of our friends who are planning to get married! Selon notre expérience avec toi et les compliments qu'on a reçu à ton égard, on n'aurait pas pu mieux choisir!
Matt and Laura
- "Bonjour Réjean Piché. On veut te dire un gros MERCI pour avoir célébré notre mariage. La cérémonie a été parfaite, on n'aurait pas pu demander mieux. C'était la première fois pour nous tous de participer à une cérémonie comme la nôtre et tous ont adoré l'intimité et le partage d'émotions que ça a produit.
Chantal et Yves
- "Cher Alan Viau,
Merci pour te belle présence samedi dernier.
Nous étions ravis de t'avoir comme célébrant et te remercions bien chaleureusement.
Martin et Chiara
- "Gisele Savard-Lalonde est très gentille, très organisé, disponible à l'écoute de nots désirs. Elle nous a permis de mettre la cérémonie a notre goût et s'est adapter aux petits changements de dernières minutes. Merci!"
Isabelle et Miguel
- "Bonjour Réjean (Piché)
Nous désirons exprimer notre gratitude à toi Réjean pour avoir accepté de célébrer notre mariage. Tu as su bien nous guider tout en nous laissant la latitude de façonner notre célébration à notre gout et selon nos valeurs personnelles.
Merci pour cette journée mémorable.
Johanne et Michel"
Johanne et Michel